PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/20/10

Successful....kind of..

Well today felt productive. It was full of activity. That activity did not bring the results I was hoping for, but it could still do that.

I set appointments for about 2 hours today. I secured 4 good appointments over the next two days. We shall see. I also talked to my new director about some obstacles and the plans for the new presentations for her and her builder next week.

Besides cold lead appointments, I also called a person on my chicken list. I had to leave a message, but at least I did it. I have resolved to calling one person in my warm list everyday. I have quite a few new people that I have met over the last year or so that I have not approached.

Tonight I headed out in the ice storm to South Elgin about 1 hour and 15 minutes away. My director hosted and she had 4 guests in attendance as well as one customer that had never been to an inhome. All of the people were interested and filled out paperwork, but they ALL had the husband objection. I MUST be doing something wrong....UGGGH....I wish I could figure it out. I really hope for my hostesses sake that with great follow up they will all enroll. She is SUPER at follow up, so they probably will.

I worked a total of 5 hours today, and tomorrow I have 5 presentations planned between myself and my new director this month.

I still catch myself doubting. You know, do I really know how to do this? I have never developed a senior director. Some of my leaders shy away from wanting my help, others seem to rely on me a little too much...am I lacking as a leader? These thoughts constantly run through my head, and then I remember. I'm getting better everyday. Putting one foot in front of the other everyday will help me reach my goal. Putting myself through mental agony will only make the trip harder and longer.

So with that, I'm signing off for a night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment