PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/23/10

A GREAT DAY

So, you know I live by the quote at the top of this blog. Persistence is truly the only thing in life that gets you anywhere. Besides my amazing new partner, Joni, this month has really been a struggle. It seems like every presentation just went sour.

I knew that I would eventually get my groove back, but the way in which it came back was unexpected. Someone that I trust was VERY honest with me..."Rachelle, you are lacking confidence." Really? I mean I knew I was having doubts and trying to figure things out, but when I really thought about this piece of advice I knew it to be true.

THEN THE FUN BEGAN. I made a decision to be completely bold. I made a decision to let these people that I was presenting to understand all that I had to offer and basically that they would be CRAZY not to enroll. That is what I used to feel. That is what I used to do.

Yesterday, I had an appointment at 11, 1 and 5. All 3 ENROLLED! Yep, you read that right! 3 enrollments in one day after 20 days of hearing no everyday.

I have officially earned COI, developed a director this month and I still have a HUGE week of activity planned this last 7 days of the month.

Thank you to my great friend for the honesty. It feels good to be back.

Now, I have just completed my third week of work towards my goal of Senior Director in 2010. I worked 15 hours this week towards my new business of Senior, and I worked an additional 4 hours on my existing business in actual appointment setting, presenting, and follow up. I did actually spend another 6 hours in coaching, training and emailing.

I keep forgetting to blog about the majority of my life. Last Saturday we attended a birthday party for my BFF's little girl, this week I also went out for drinks with a friend one evening, had Ferguson Family Night Out together another evening, went to breakfast with a friend one morning, and lunch with another friend another day. I put my kids on the bus every morning and got them off the bus every afternoon except Friday. Nate wanted to take them to get their hair cut. I took Kaden to basketball practice this week and was here for Carder's guitar practice. The kids had a playdate with their friends one afternoon, and we all went to Kaden's basketball game as a family today. Later tonight Nate and I are going to steal some time to catch up on 24 and eat junk. Melaleuca allows me to have a life of freedom as long as when I have my work hours I am actually setting appointments and giving presentations.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Rachelle! Everyone reading this blog knows it was just a matter of time until you found your groove. What a blessing to have a friend that will be completely and totally honest with you -- like family. Life is good, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that - I've known for a few weeks now that lack of confidence is holding me back. I EXPECT people to say no! I'm just not sure how to move past that! But I'm going to give it a good shot anyway!

    ReplyDelete