PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/2/10

First Day Into the Journey

Funny how reality hits. First day of work today. I made a list of to-do's. Calling all of my leads from my marketing that I put out on December31st. As the time came for me to make the calls, I noticed myself trying to find other things to do. I checked my email. Followed up with a customer. Sent emails to my builders, but I really just didn't want to pick up the phone.

I did it though. I spent my first hour and 20 minutes of work this week. From 10:26 to 11:51 I called 13 people. I left messages for 11, spoke to two. I set one appointment, and then one lead called me back, and I set an appointment with her. I am hopeful to catch the rest tomorrow during my appointment setting. At 11:30 I really wanted to quit. I had just set my second appointment and only had 4 new leads left. I thought," That's a good start." But then I thought, "Oh Rachelle, just call the last 4."

I was never so glad to get four voicemails in my life. Funny isnt it?

I also have a webcast presentation scheduled at 7 pm tonight. I am super nervous because it is someone from my facebook that I have not physically talked to in over 15 years. Oh well, we shall see.

Again, I tell myself all of the things I want to feel, want to do and want to accomplish. Today my task of becoming a senior director seems far far away so I need to get away from the negative talk in my head and go read my new book. However, I am glad I made those first few calls, that has made the next ones a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment