PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/7/10

AAAaaahhhHHH

Ever had a day that made you think, "Is there something wrong with me?"

I had hopes of going to breakfast with a friend, but it didn't work out. Then, the school called, and I needed to run extra shoes to Kaden. I got settled back at home, and decided I needed to set appointments. I really really dread setting appointments, but I know that I MUST.

I spent 1 hour and 10 minutes setting appointments. In that time I called 11 people. I set 4 appointments, 2 for today, 1 for tomorrow and 1 for next week. Three of the appointments were typical, but one, wow, one was amazing! That brought my work hours to 9 this week.

I was waiting for her to call me back. We talked she was amazing, and I JUST KNEW it was going to be a yes. My hubby came home for lunch and we chatted and I told him about this gal and how much I was hoping for her to enroll.

I presented for her today at 3, she was all about it, said she was a category 3 and that it was great, but she just needed a few hours to absorb it all before she registered...... UGH....OF course, she did not call me back. UGH.

So now I am 10 work hours and 1 enrollment. I will still try to follow up with her tomorrow. She is just so GREAT! Then, I presented for the team and for my new gal. She had a great contact on the phone, and because we were running late I forgot to have her say why she loved it or to have her talk at all.... so she is "thinking about it" UGH I'd rather have 15 no's for myself than one for someone working towards director.

My new gal had appointments at 7, 8 and 9. I had her move her 8 so we would have plenty of time to enroll the 7 and 9 and then the 9 canceled and the 7 didn't enroll. The 8 was her parents. So a potential of 3 new enrollments for her ended in 0 mostly because of me.

11 work hours and 1 enrollment. My 8 oclock appt rescheduled for NEXT WEDNESDAY. Had a team web at 8 that no one came to. Yikes what a day.

I have another webcast at 10 tomorrow. I really need a yes.

With all of that said, these are just considerations. I mean, none of this is unexpected. I know there will be bad days and frustrations and cancellations and disappointments. I just need to take some time to enjoy myself and my blessings and remember that a goal worth stretching for is never going to come easy or it wouldn't be a worthy goal in the first place.

The other thing to consider is tomorrow is Friday. I only have two days left and 9 hours yet to work. So maybe it is more that I'm not doing enough rather than what I'm doing isn't working.

I will become a senior director by June. I WILL. What will you do no matter what?


No comments:

Post a Comment