PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/9/10

Missed The Mark, But Closer Than I Was....

Well, Week 1 towards Senior Director is done. I officially worked 11 hours this past week. It is not that I was not willing to work more, but I made decisions regarding some other priorities. I attended two launches, and my travel time to the one in Indianapolis took a lot of time away from my family. While I would have previously worked all day today, I made the decision to place my family before my career goals.

As committed as I am to my goal of 20 hours a week and reaching my career goals, my commitment to my husband and family must come first. When people are speaking at my funeral I do not want it to be said of me that all that I did was work.

So I have one enrollment, and I travel on Monday to help her get to director. I am super excited for her. She will definitely be a director by Tuesday. I need to have several appointments on Thursday. I am attending a networking event on Friday and I hope that helps to foster appointments for the next week as well.

I've learned that I really need to meet with people in person. I am much more effective and it is a better use of my time. I will work on tweaking this aspect of my business this week. My goal is to present to at least 4 people on Thursday in person and 2 people on a webcast.

I love Frank Vandersloot. I love that at launch he gave credit to God for all that Melaleuca has become. I love that he has his priorities so clear. I love that he also acknowledges that success is really just a compilation of many failures that we get up from and start again. I LOVE that Frank used the same quote in LIA this month as I have on this blog. I cannot think of many people that I respect MORE than Frank. Great to see that we value the same things.

I definitely missed my mark this week with my results, but I am definitely much further towards my goal because I am living EVERYDAY with Great Intention. I am not discouraged in my failure, I have faith that living with intention will bring about the success I desire.

Here's to week number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment