PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/15/10

Comments Please!

Hey Everyone! Glad to hear from people every once in awhile. I love it when people comment on the blog because it helps me to know that it is a good service to you. So if you think of something, want to know something, or have a question, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!

It is also great for me because I am able to see what I am really focusing my time on when I am accountable to write it down. Today I went to an AMAZING women's networking event. It was small, and very intimate, but I learned that is what I LOVE to do. As I look back at the past 2 weeks of no-shows, rescheduled appointments and appointment setting, I realize I would better enjoy networking with women in person.

Today I spent 2 1/2 hours networking, 2 1/2 hours driving talking to my sales manager, business partners and friends. I don't count my drive time in my work hours, but I do count it in my other hours of mentoring, socializing and organizing.

This week I have spent 13 1/2 hours of actual work time. In that time, I have developed a director and set inhomes to develop another as well as heard several, several nos. While enrollments are behind for me personally, I know the correct activities will put me and keep me on the pace towards my goal. I have a great appointment Monday morning, and more appointment setting to do tomorrow.

While sitting at the networking table today, an idea popped into my mind. I think I am going to host my own luncheon to share Melaleuca and my need for quality referrals with my friends at my home. Even if they know what I do, they may not be aware that I am looking for professional women. I loved this networking event because everyone shared what they were looking for even if it didn't relate to their business...carpet cleaning, event planner, etc?

Tonight is the Ferguson Family Night since I was gone on Tuesday. We are renting a movie, eating popcorn and just enjoying life. Melaleuca is a part of my life that I totally enjoy. However, if I let it consume my life it becomes a part of my life that brings me stress. I choose to LIVE rather than work...so I am off to meet my other goals of spending quality time getting to know my children and husband on a very REAL level.


No comments:

Post a Comment