PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/7/10

Launch

Interesting thing...does Launch count in my 20 hours? I have decided no.

You know when I was a teacher I worked 8-3:40 everyday for 180 days. That is what I got paid to do. That was my contract for income. Every week I worked outside of that time whether grading papers, calling parents, or preparing my classroom. On top of that, I PAID to take courses on my personal time to increase my effectiveness.

In my Melaleuca business setting appointments, presentations and 48 hour followups are my contracted paying activities. While, launch is so necessary, and an amazing time to meet the corporate office, be inspired and set goals and while weekly trainings and mentoring calls both with your enroller and enrollees are needed, they are not paid hours. These activities in Mela are like grading papers and classroom prep are in teaching. They make me better. They make me more effective, and a better leader.

I did not add any work hours yesterday towards my goal of 20 hours each week towards Senior. I worked a few hours (3) in my existing exec business, but the rest of the day was spent shopping, traveling and going to launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment