PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/5/10

Joyful Calendar

So today I added 2 more hours. I am now 7 hours and 50 minutes of work for this week towards my goal of Senior Director. My day started out great. After I fed the kids breakfast and kissed them goodbye for their first day of school in 2010, I had an 8:15 call. I had a FABULOUS 48 hour follow up with my new enrollee (1 hr). We set 3 inhome dates and she is eating up the information, training and just Melaleuca in general.

Then I had a couple of hours downtime in which I chatted with a friend, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, did some laundry, made beds, showered, put my makeup on, and then it was time for my next appointment of the day.

I had strategically planned an 11:00 webcast and an 11:15 strategy session at my house. I knew I could put my lead on the call, and then talk with my business partner while someone else was presenting. I thought, "Wow, I am efficient!" .... Yeah, not so much. The presenter was not on the call, so I had to present (1 hr).

So I'm giving a webcast spur of the moment, my business partner arrives, my dog is barking, my laundry machine is going..........AAAAHHHHHhhh! Calgon take me away. Obviously, she did not enroll! No number 3. My 1:00 appointment called during the presentation and left a message saying, "She decided to go in a different direction."

My strategy session with my business partner, however, was productive and inspiring. He left around 1:30, and I helped another partner solve a computer problem, grabbed some lunch, chatted with one of my directors about online enrolling, talked to my sales manager, talked to a director in someone else's business about setting appointments, tried to find out where one of my shipments ended up in KY, and then, I welcomed my boys off of the bus.

Tonight was Tuesday Together Night at the Ferguson household. We decided to take our night on the road to a friend that is recovering from surgery. We made dinner, took down her Christmas decorations, played the wii, and had fun. I just came home tucked the kids in, said prayers, took a bath and returned texts and emails from the evening.

I share all of this with you, just so that you can see that I have a real life outside of Melaleuca that happens in, around and during my business. The 20 hours I log towards becoming a Senior Director and the other 10-15 hours I spend on my existing Exec business are just as much to keep me focused on my REAL life as they are to keep me focused on my work. Since I have put the time into my business I should have so far, I don't feel stress, guilt or shame for enjoying time away even though I only have 1 enrollment of my 10. It will come. It will come.

Living with intention is incredibly freeing. I haven't felt this free in....honestly, my entire adult life. I am living every minute the way I want to. It feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment