PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

1/19/10

Feeling Down

So, It is Tuesday, January 18th and I have one enrollment, one new director, and a few appointments scheduled. I had another appointment yesterday that turned into another no. Now technically she said, "I will call you at the end of the week, I am very interested." But in reality we know that is a NO.

I am struggling to become a better closer and presenter. Sounds funny, huh? I called a director in my business and said, I really need to listen to you present. Then as I thought about that, I thought, "I just really need to listen to myself when I was enrolling a lot of people."

So, I searched through my archived emails to find a recorded presentation of myself presenting. I took my phone to the bathroom, got in the bathtub and listened.

I ROCKED! I had totally forgotten how real, funny and down to earth my presentations used to be. It made me think...are we getting too professional? I mean, this was a presentation that I recorded before I was a Senior Director. I think I have fooled myself into believing that I have to be a lot more professional than I am.

If I want people to trust me and enroll with me, then I have to show them who I really am and why this really works. I called a gal from our church this afternoon. She really needs these products in her home. I cannot wait until we firm up the appointment.

I am going to lunch with a dear friend, and then coming home to set a lot of appointments from my leads. Everytime that I train, I teach myself something that causes me to be a better woman. This week I talked about measuring results and only comparing yourself to yourself. I am going to have a GLORIOUS week. I am going to have 1 more presentation than last week, and I am going to find a new business partner.

On my journey to senior, I am 1 director down and 6 to go. Here's to a great 2010. I look up and see the title of this post, and realize that when I write it makes me feel better. When I think about my journey and getting better each day it makes me feel better. Feeling down is a part of life, but learning to pick myself up from it is an accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment