PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

2/4/10

Time To Work, Time To Play

So, the past couple of days have been what I call "Support" days. This past fall I read a book called, Success Principles. In it he describes organizing your days by Best Result Days, Support Days, and Recreation Days. Since the beginning of the month, I have truly been using several support days. Time to follow up on emails, talk to my team, host training calls, gather goals from others, set appointments and inhomes for the month, etc. None of this activity is actually bringing me money, but it has been necessary.

I am now getting ready for my last meeting of the week, and then it is off for some true R&R. We are taking the boys and my dad to Wisconsin Dells for 3 days. We are going to have an absolute BLAST. I can't wait.

Yesterday, I did have a personal appointment and an inhome. I received a collective 4 no's. The three guests from the inhome could turn into yes's but we shall see. You just never know.

So far this week, I have worked 7 hours towards my goal of Senior by June 30. In that 7 hours, I set appointments for 1 hour, spent 4 hours giving 4 -48 hour follow ups, spent 1 hour presenting for my 1:1, and spent 1 hour at an inhome. Right now those hours don't look that productive, but they will in time, I'm positive.

Success is truly made up of thousands of tiny little steps. As you are taking the steps it seems as though you aren't going anywhere, and then when you turn around a year, two years or even 5 years later, it is amazing to see what has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment