PERSISTENCE

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with great talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not;the world is full of educated derelicts.


Persistence, determination alone
are omnipotent!

~ quote by Calvin Coolidge, displayed in every executive office of McDonald's headquarters by edict of Ray Kroc.

12/17/09

Anticipation

I am so anxious for the first visitors to our new blog. I sent letters to several of you, and I am so, so pumped about this new journey. As with all new ideas challenges and goals, the beginning of a this long road is met with a lot of mixed emotions. Mostly I feel excitement. Followed by that I feel nervousness and doubt.

Let's face it. Senior Director in 6 Months working only 20 hours a Week=Feelings of Inadequacy. Yes! I feel fear, but I'm doing it anyway. YES! I feel stress, but I'm excited anyway. YES! I have a LOT going on in my emotional life, but that is just an excuse, and I'm doing it anyway.

I'm thinking a lot more about what it will feel like when I have helped TONS of my friends achieve their personal goals. What it will feel like when I am crying with a single mom that is totally financially free! What it will feel like when I watch a friend of mine have her name and picture plastered all over the LIA! What it will feel like when another of my friends can stay home with baby number 2 with no worries! What it will feel like when another friend can give back to ministry that gave her life back to her! What it will feel like when I wear my mom's shoes as I accept my President's Club Award!

I have to make my thoughts go in a different direction. I have doubts and fears like everyone, but I am just choosing to think about what it will be, feel and look like when I achieve my goal instead. Otherwise, I might not ever have the courage to begin.

I cannot wait for 2010. For a long time, I said that just so 2009 would end. But endings are never fulfilling. Beginnings are what keep our hearts beating. I am simply full of anticipation for January 1, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment